1. Prenatal Vitamins- Whichever you choose, you are going to need them if you decide to breast feed. Baby still needs those important vitamins. I chose Nature Made because they were affordable and included DHA as well.
2.Water proof mascara- If you care even just a tad bit about how you are going to look in those after photos, I would suggest using this. I still tried to avoid photos just because I was still swollen, but mascara did help open my eyes a bit.
3. Snacks- Lots of them! I was snacking the entire time because I was so hungry and the hospital food wasn’t the best. Plus, they didn’t feed me meals prior to delivery! I had mixed nuts, crackers, soft healthy Kashi Cookies, and I even brought a six pack of sparkling juice just in case I felt nauseous.
4. Stretch Mark Cream- I was really lucky up to this point that I didn’t get those unwanted stretchmarks!! Thank goodness! However, I still came prepared with cream since your belly goes from being the size of a watermelon to the size of a cantaloupe…still squishy!
5. Belly Bandit– This is very important if you want that belly to go back to normal size quick! Well, ok you won’t get the six pack you had prior, but it sure does help!! I’d like to think that this had something to do with the 20lbs I lost the first week. I wore this for about 6 weeks, which is the required amount of time. It can be annoying at times especially when you sleep with it on. Since I don’t sleep much I might as well keep it on. Ha! No more sleep for mama!! 🙂
6. Nursing Night Gown– This was so useful during my time spent in the hospital. For one, the gowns they provide for you are so annoying and uncomfortable. Liam had to eat every 2-3 hours so having this gown was quick and easy. Snap and unsnap is all you need to do.
7. Camera- My Luminx camera to capture those special moments. 🙂 Love this camera!
8. Preggie Pops– I was really lucky that I didn’t get sick not once throughout my pregnancy. I didn’t want to take any chances so I came prepared with Preggie Pops just in case. These pops were great! If I had a slight bit of nausea, I just sucked on one of these. Apple was my fav.
9. Natural Nipple Cream from Earth Mama Angel Baby- The hospital gives you a tube of Lanolin, which I also used. What I like about this cream is that it’s organic and safe for baby. It helped a lot for sore cracked nipples.
10. Burt’s Bees Lip Balm- Dehydration = Chapped lips. Tim was constantly reapplying Burt’s Bees on my lips. It was very helpful.
11. Boppy Pillow- I regret not taking my boppy pillow. We had to stuff pillows under my arm, under Liam’s head, and anywhere else to help prop the baby up. I was surrounded by a mountain of pillows. It was ridiculous! And breastfeeding is NOT easy. The baby has to be positioned the right way. If not, it was painful.
12. I Phone and charger- This is a given. I took so many photos with my phone. As far as outgoing phone calls, I left that to Tim. He made sure he kept everyone updated. 🙂
13. Ipod dock- Listen to some soft music. It helps.
14. Hair Ties- I have long hair.
15. Tooth brush, face wash, moisturizer, and shampoo/conditioner. I didn’t want to use anything that the hospital provided.