My healthy protein shake – 1 banana, 1tsp of vanilla extract, 1 tbs Almond Butter, 1 cup of almond milk, 1 scoop of protein powder, and 4 ice cubes. Blend.
I finally went and got my nails done on Valentine’s Day for the first time in months. PS… don’t every take a 4 month old baby to the nail salon. As you can see my nails are not 100% great. It was a struggle to get Liam out of the carseat with wet nails. And the crying didn’t help the process.
Rice crispy treat Valentine’s Day hearts for the hubby.
Chicken, beet, and goat cheese salad at Marmalade.
Sprinkles cupcakes at the Grove. Sooooo delish!! I haven’t found any other place that has cupcakes this good.
Just one of the many delicious entrees at Fat Cow owned by Gordon Ramsay located at the LA Grove. We enjoyed a night out with our good friends Amber and her husband Teft. Pictured here is the Original Fat Cow Beef Burger ordered and eaten by my husband Tim. YUM, and if you ever decide to eat at this place, you MUST order the Sticky Toffee Pudding for the dessert. There are no words to describe this AMAZING dessert. It’s the best I’ve ever eaten at any restaurant.
Bridal Dress Shopping
It was definitely an experience at each one of these bridal places, which I’ll explain later. I was really not in any mood to try on dresses for the fact that I just had a baby and still trying to hit my goal weight. Yay! Ugh, the pressure. Our wedding is about 5 months away and I found out that you have to order the dress at least 6 months in advance. Great, now I have to pay a rush order fee. Also, this means I need to start trying on dresses and make the decision pronto!
This was definitely impromptu with no appointments. Figured I could just look and not try on any dresses just so I have an idea for the second time around. It started with a lunch at my favorite lunch spot in West Hollywood at Urth Cafe with my Man of Honor, Richard. Perfect way to start looking for dresses…bloated and full. Ha!
I had several appointments scheduled. This time without Richard, so I didn’t have someone else’s opinion, but the wedding stylist herself. I first started at Monique lhuillier. I can’t explain how beautiful these dresses are. You have to see them in person yourself. I was in awe!
Since It was my first stop, I tried on every type of gown you could imagine; ball gown, Empire waist, A-line, skirts for rehearsal day. Just for the fun of it. Well, little did I know that it was going to be a bitch putting on those dresses. One, all dresses are sample sizes. So if you are not a size 6 or smaller, your screwed. I was exhausted after the 3rd dress and over it.
Second stop was Brides by Liza. I couldn’t take any photos there, but found a few dresses that were good. Moving on….
3rd Stop, Winnie Couture. This was one of my favorite places! Not only because they offered free champagne ( winner!), but because they were really nice and the place was so fun! From the hanging chandeliers to the oversized mirrors, this place was awesome. Plus, it smelled like fresh roses!
Richard joins me for another day of shopping. We started out at Brides by Liza. I was still not sure about what I wanted. I had an idea, but couldn’t find that one dress that was similar to one that I found on pinterest. I showed a photo to Liza of a dress that I was in love with. It was a silk flowy dress with an extremely low v-neck. She said she could make that exact same one for me. I was so excited to hear that she could do this! My dream dress custom made! The only problem is, I can’t try it on. So I have no idea what it’s going to look like. Of course, it looks supberb on the runway model. Duh! But on me? Yeah right! I have a lot to think about here. Do I want a custom made dress that I can’t try on or do I just settle with a dress that I have to rush order. I was so confused. I needed food. So we went to lunch!!
Last stop, Panache Bridal! Wow! The dresses here were even better! We couldn’t take photos of the dresses either. I let Richard pick out all the dresses to try on. I didn’t want to think at this point because Liam was getting fussy and I had no energy to decide on what I wanted. He picked out several amazing dresses. One style that I was very opposed to was the mermaid dress. I decided to try it on anyways just to see what it looks like. Well, guess what?! I fell in love with the dress of course. Ugh, now I am between a silk flowy dress or a fitted mermaid one.
I had 3 days to decide…
Taken On: 02-11-13
Weighing in at: 13lbs 5oz
Length: 25 1/2 inches
Favorite Food: Nutramigen by Enfamil with A.R. Enfamil
Words: Baby Liam is still cooing, squealing, and crying to communicate with us. One of the most exciting moments is when Liam giggles!! We can’t get enough of it. 🙂
Nicknames: It’s still Wittle Babeeee and my love
Baby Got Skills: He can raise his chest like he is doing a push-up, raise his hands and grasp objects like his rattles and stuffed animals, rolls over in seconds, makes wet razzing sounds, says ah-goo and other vowel-consonant combos! He also turns in the direction of our voices, especially mine 😉 He can definitely hold weight on his legs when we hold him upright.
Enjoys: Bath time, giggling, and jumping in his Jumperoo
1. Crane Mya the Monkey– I love this humidifier from Crane! By the 2nd month, Liam had a stuffy nose. This helped so much.
2. Aveeno Calming Comfort Lavender Lotion– Love the smell of lavender and vanilla. My favorite so far.
3. A&D Ointment– A&D and Auqaphor ointments are perfect for my baby’s bottom. I apply this after every diaper change. So far so good!
4. Buff Baby Dumbbell Rattle– This was an awesome baby shower gift for Liam. And it was actually his first toy rattle that he was able to hold. He loves it! Plus, it’s fun to watch a baby hold a mini dumbbell. Ha!
5. Firefly Plush Stroller Toy– I have several stroller toys, but this one seems to be baby Liam’s fav- bright colors, crinckles, and has a small mirror.
6. The Happiest Baby on the Block– Damn! I wish I had bought this book when the bun was still in the oven. Liam was so colicky in the beginning, it was so difficult to get him to stop. This book explains why babies cry and how to deal with it. The 5 S’s are the ingredients to a calm baby- Swaddling, Side/Stomach, Shushing, Swinging, Sucking.
7. Little Tummies Gripe Water– Gassy baby no good 😦
8. Who Loves Baby? Photo Album– Helps develop eyes muscles and gets baby to focus. It worked. Liam would stare at the high contrast patterns for a long time. Sometimes he would stop crying because he was so drawn to the colors and shapes. It also holds 7 photos, which I plan to add very soon.
9. Baby K’tan Wrap– Very comfortable and useful for baby and me while walking the dog. I take out our dog, Cookie, every morning and evening and usually Liam is with me. So instead of taking the stroller I would wrap Liam in the K’tan. It was so comfortable for him he would fall right to sleep! So cute! He just graduated to the adventure position.
10. Cloth Diapers used as burp cloths– Whoever thought of using cloth diapers as burp cloths is genius!! Now that Liam takes formula, he spits up a lot more. These are thick and cover your entire shoulder. I don’t use anything else but these.
11. Tommee Tippee– Perfect warmer for our chubby Tommee Tippee bottles. Warms in minutes and still works.
12. Milk Feeding Bib 2-Pack in Blue– Great absorbent collar that will catch any milk leaks. You just have to be careful when washing with other bibs. I didn’t stick them together so the velcro got stuck on the fabric. meh!
Here are a few of our best photos from our newborn photoshoot. I can’t believe how tiny Baby Liam was! Time definitely has gone by fast!
Photography By: Lori Dorman
Green Tea Boba and a hot latte on a sunny afternoon in LA
I turned my back for a quick second and the little guy was passed out in his bouncer. Picture perfect moment.
My healthy breakfast burritos- WW tortilla, egg whites, sliced turkey, sautéed spinach, and LF cheese
I walk in from a yoga class and see daddy and son sleeping. Priceless.
It’s just the beginning of Liam’s giggles.
Liam has now graduated to the adventure position!! He loves to explore. 🙂