Being that this is my first child, I wanted to make sure that I had all the essentials “the must haves” for the beginning months of pregnancy. After all the research on the internet, I realized not all women are the same. I didn’t need the body pillow or a water tumbler. For one, during my first trimester my belly wasn’t big enough to need the body pillow (maybe the 2nd trimester). So in the meantime, I just cuddled with Tim. Also, I don’t like to drink water through a straw or have to carry the water tumbler everywhere I go. I’ll use one if I’m drinking coffee. Other than that, it’s a water bottle for me. Oh and another thing, all those pregnancy books gave me a headache and stressed me out. “Can’t die your hair? No sushi?” Jeez give me a break! If I have a question guess who I ask? MY DOCTOR!
1. Like I mentioned before, there are so many pregnancy books out there. I don’t want to even read one that amuses me or “for fun.” The BEST book for me was What to Expect When Expecting. Straight to the point ANNND information week by week. It doesn’t get any better. Who has time to read all those books?
2. I tried to stay away from the regular cheese puffs so I stalked up on the Natural kind. How natural? Who knows! Damn they are so good!
3. Just the thought of a coconut daiquiri makes my mouth water. Come to find out that the lovely ingredient not only tastes good in drinks but it also works great for the skin and hair. Another must-have for me! Seriously, just read the reviews here. I use the oil on my belly and in my hair. Skin feels soft and hair looks and feels healthy. I also mix it in my smoothies.
4. I have to give a shout out to one of my best friends, Carmen Humphries-Muirhead! Not only did she send me pregnancy books to choose from, she also mailed me lots of other goodies. A gift certificate to my favorite nail salon- “Use this when your belly gets as big as a basketball and you can’t reach your toes anymore.” Ha! Love her! She also sent me a pineapple ginger Archipelago Candle. It burns nicely, smells great, and helps when you are feeling nauseated. Ewww the thought of raw meat!!!! Gross!
5. Maxi dresses..enough said.
6. I definitely like my alcoholic beverages and desperately crave them. Here’s what helped for me- Pellegrino Mineral Water + fruit juice.
7. My canon camera. Since all my close family and friends are back home, I thought it was a good idea to document my first pregnancy through this blog. Also, this will be the first grand baby in the family! Other cool ideas would be to start a scrapbook or a slideshow.
8. I love to shop at Trader Joe’s. They have lots of healthy choices and random eats. I discovered this protein powder there as well. Good thing is, I can order more through Amazon. It has 100% Folic Acid, Calcium, Vitamin B12, Iron, just to name a few. I mixed this in my shakes after my workouts.
9. Besides the gallons of water I have to drink during pregnancy, I do enjoy my occasional coconut water to keep me hydrated. They come in different flavors like pineapple and mango.
10. My mom’s first pregnancy gift to me, Belli Oil. I’m on my second bottle and have no complaints about this product. It keeps my belly soft and keeps me from scratching it too. It is a bit oily, but just let it dry for a couple of minutes and you are good to go.
11. I bought Champion Sports Bras at Target. I wear them during my workouts and when I go to bed. Wearing a sports bra (or one that fits comfortably) can help prevent sagging and stretchmarks.
TAH DAH!! My first trimester must-haves! Would love to hear yours. 🙂